Machine Operators at Mullican Flooring are responsible for keeping production lines in acceptable operation while monitoring the output and operations of any machines they are assigned to. Operators regularly perform quality checks on their finished product and are required to maintain a clean, safe and organized work space. The role may involve additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or assigned by management.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Must have the ability to work a night shift or a day shift as assigned by management
- Must have the ability to perform basic math and understand complex instructions
- Must be able to work with precision equipment
- Must have the ability to identify problems when they arise, define the issue and identify the root cause
- Attention to detail
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output
- Must have the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, stand long hours, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preference given to applicants with experience and/or consistent work history.
About the Location
Mullican Flooring’s headquarters is located in Johnson City, Tennessee, along with one of its four manufacturing plants, which employs approximately 300 people. All of Mullican’s American-made engineered flooring lines, as well as finishing lines for all of the company’s prefinished products, are produced at the Johnson City plant. Having appeared on a number of “Best Places” lists, Johnson City has a lower-than-average cost of living and no state income tax. The city’s commitment to downtown revitalization has resulted in a diverse music scene, delicious eateries, and a growing craft beer industry. The region is rich in culture and history, and offers a variety of year-round outdoor activities and close proximity to the Appalachian Trail.
Why Mullican Flooring?
For more than 30 years, Mullican Flooring has been producing high-quality hardwood flooring using environmentally sound manufacturing practices. Ranked among the nation’s top five hardwood flooring manufacturers, Mullican Flooring produces solid and engineered products (finished and unfinished). All of the company’s solid flooring is produced in the United States, along with a substantial amount of engineered flooring.
In addition to its headquarters and manufacturing facility in Johnson City, Tennessee, Mullican Flooring has facilities in Norton, Virginia; Ronceverte, West Virginia; and Holland, New York. The company offers approximately 1,500 products through a network of 50 distributors and 5,000 retailers across the United States and Canada.
- Competitive benefit package offerings including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, short/long term disability, accident, and critical illness insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Mullican Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.